Monday, July 23, 2012

Meeting Kara Layne

Hello Everyone.

Today I would like to share a few of our family photos that we had taken by a wonderful photographer named Kara Layne. Kara is a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Phoenix. I started following Kara's work when we lived in TN and love her style. I never thought I'd get a chance to have her do a photo shoot with my family, or get to meet her. Then we moved to California and I saw the most wonderful post on Facebook, Kara would be in South California for photo shoots. I was so excited. I hope you enjoy seeing the wonderful way she captured our family.


Years of reading in Laguna Beach

It was a little humid that morning, but the coastal air still blew and you could smell the ocean water. It stuck to your skin in the softest way. Although a bit warmer than usual, I had no complaints coming from the Arizona desert where, right now at this time of year, triple digit weather from AM to PM is our daily existence.

I stood there and waited, wondering what she would be like. What they would be like. If they would be outgoing, if they would be shy. And as if she could hear my thoughts, she appeared from around the corner followed by Dad and her two beautiful daughters. She smiled a smile that instantly put me at ease and I hugged her a tight one as we met for the first time.

Normally people would probably think they are the only ones nervous to be in front of the camera. But meeting someone for the first time? And someone who has mentioned that they have followed me and my blog for years? Well, let’s just say it’s a little intimidating and a lot overwhelming at times. Actually, to be honest, all the time. No matter how long I do this I think I will always be amazed when I meet a reader of my blog. But there was Miss Molly. What if I disappointed her? What if I wasn’t what she expected? I was in my head a little too much…

But as we walked along the coast line and talked about life and everything in between it was if I had known her for years. And as I got to watch their family from behind the camera, there was laughter and joking and love and it was all perfection. Absolutely perfection in Laguna Beach that day.

Miss Molly…words can’t describe how much I adore you. You and your family – I am so grateful to FINALLY be able to meet you and to have been able to document the four of you. I can’t wait to follow your own new venture and keep up with your family. Thank you so much for being you…

No comments:

Post a Comment